Teaching and Learning Excellence Grant
Applications will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Clarity of the project’s objectives;
- Expected outcomes are defined and achievable;
- Potential impact on the enhancement of teaching and learning; and
- The project’s feasibility within the projected timeline and budget.
Up to $2,500 (CAD) may be awarded.
Eligible and Ineligible Expenses
Applicants may propose using funds to provide incentives for participants, hiring research assistants, materials and supplies, and to cover costs of registration for, and travel to, academic conferences, workshops, or seminars.
Grant funds used to pay research assistants must adhere to all University policies and procedures, including those pertaining to wage rates, vacation pay, and appropriate benefits. For more information, please consult the University of Guelph’s Human Resources, Employee Groups and Agreements.
Ineligible expenses include the purchase of equipment, journal subscriptions, and professional memberships.
Successful applicants will attest to the following as part of the application process:
- The Hub for Teaching and Learning Excellence may request a brief progress report in the first six months of receiving the grant;
- A final report (max. 1000 words) that includes evaluating the project’s success and financial statement as to how the grant was expended is electronically submitted to the Hub for Teaching and Learning Excellence (firstname.lastname@example.org);
- Recognition of this funding source, when appropriate, will be acknowledged in the dissemination of material resulting from this project; and
- Project abstracts will be posted on the CSAHS website.
Online Application Includes:
Part A: Applicant Information
- Full Name
- Telephone Number
Part B: Project Information
- Project Title
- Project Description
- Project Objective(s)
- Project Rationale
- Expected Outcome(s)
- Project Timeline
- Evaluation Plan
- Ethics Approval (if applicable)
Part C: Budget
- Total Funds Requested
- Itemized Breakdown
- Budget Justification