Teaching & Learning Scholars
Become a Scholar of the Hub for Teaching and Learning Excellence!
The Hub for Teaching and Learning Excellence (“the Hub”) will serve as a platform to bring people together in establishing a community of practitioners to share information, teaching experiences, and resources. The Hub is designed to foster and encourage new and innovative approaches to curriculum development and pedagogy in the College of Social and Applied Human Sciences (CSAHS) in undergraduate and graduate programming.
Recognizing the vast expertise in teaching and learning excellence throughout the CSAHS community, there is an open call for Teaching and Learning Scholars (“Scholars”) to contribute their knowledge, skills, and resources to build a community of practitioners. They will help support the development of effective, evidence-based practices related to continual improvement in the delivery of curriculum, as well as the streamlining of processes within the College.
Examples of contributions include, but are not limited to:
- Lunch and Learn presentations (e.g., panelist or workshop facilitation)
- “How To” guides (e.g., dealing with difficult behaviour in the classroom)
- Resource sharing (e.g., assessment rubrics)
- Interdisciplinary collaboration (e.g., developing cross-discipline assessments)
The call for Scholars is open year-round and there is no fixed time commitment each semester. Faculty (including contractually-limited and sessional instructors), staff, and students from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Interested applicants will submit the following information for consideration:
- Name, position, and department
- 250-word statement that includes a short biography, including related experience in teaching and learning excellence, and interest in becoming a Teaching and Learning Scholar
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.